BASIC CORE COMPETENCIES
English language proficiency
- Obtain an English proficiency certificate equivalent to CEFR B1 level, such as GEPT intermediate level (first stage), TOEIC score of 500 (listening and reading), CSEPT level 1 score of 200 or above, level 2 score of 220 or above, TOEFL-iBT score of 55 or above, etc.
- Students who have not yet met the above English proficiency standards by their fourth year should take the "Applied Workplace English I" and "Applied Workplace English II" courses, which are both zero-credit courses. They can only graduate after achieving the English proficiency standards or passing the "Applied Workplace English" courses. (For details, please refer to the implementation regulations of the English Proficiency Certification at Ming Chuan University.)
- The English typing speed should reach at least 15 words per minute (inclusive), according to the practical level standard of TQC certification.
- For office software application, candidates should possess at least a practical level standard of TQC certification (or equivalent standard from other information certifications) in either Word processing, PowerPoint presentation, or Excel spreadsheet.
- Undergraduate students who have not yet passed the information literacy certification standard recognized by the university by the time of graduation, shall take any of the information literacy certification exams recognized by the university after enrollment. If their exam results do not meet the standard, they can take a 2-credit course on information application during the summer of their third year. Passing the course is a prerequisite for graduation. (For details, please refer to the implementation regulations of the Information Literacy Certification at Ming Chuan University.)
Chinese language proficiency
Ming Chuan Chinese Proficiency Test: Score of 60 or above (reading and writing).
Undergraduate students who have not met the previous standard after three tests before the fourth year will receive relevant courses from the school for guidance. Regular students should complete the "Intermediate Chinese" course with zero credits in a single semester, and foreign students must complete the course. Graduation is only allowed after meeting the previous intermediate standard or passing the course.
(For more details, please refer to the implementation rules of Ming Chuan University's Chinese proficiency test standards.)
The Office of Physcial Education will conduct certification tests for physical abilities (explosive power, muscle endurance, flexibility, cardiovascular endurance, stability, coordination) starting from the first semester of the freshman year. The testing methods will follow the health and fitness testing methods announced by the Ministry of Education (standing long jump, sit and reach, one-minute sit-ups, and cardiovascular endurance), as well as the testing methods for stability and coordination abilities announced by the sports center.
All students in the university, except those with disabilities or serious illnesses, must participate in the tests and reach the minimum requirements in at least four areas in order to pass.
Students who receive guidance but still fail to meet the requirements and have an attendance rate of less than 70% by the end of the third year must continue to participate in the physical ability guidance class (60 minutes per week) at their own expense during the first semester of the fourth year. They can only obtain graduation qualifications after meeting the guidance standards.
(For more details, please refer to the implementation rules of Ming Chuan University's student physical ability test.)
All freshmen (including re-admitted freshmen) admitted to the undergraduate program in the 2010 academic year are required to complete service learning in order to graduate. Students may choose between course-based or certification-based service learning based on personal preferences.
Service learning requires at least 16 hours of practical service, 2 hours of on-campus service learning related seminars, 2 reflection reports, and 1 student feedback reflection activity or presentation.
The service learning course for this department is "Legal Ethics and Legal Services" in the senior year.
(Refer to "Implementation Measures for Service Learning at Ming Chuan University" for details.)
● Ming Chuan University's Department of Financial Law Fundamental Professional Competencies and Assessment Standards ●
Basic Legal Professional Ability / Clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge of Criminal Law, Civil Law, Constitution Law and Commercial Law. Evaluation method: Pass the Basic Legal Professional Ability Exam of the Law School.
Basic Financial and Legal Professional Ability / Understanding and mastery of basic financial knowledge, and ability to analyze and interpret relevant issues. Evaluation method: Pass the Financial and Legal Professional Ability Exam.
Basic Professional Certification Ability / Mastery of basic financial knowledge, and early response to employment and practical needs. Evaluation method: Pass a professional certification exam related to finance.
Employment Competitiveness / Mastery of basic financial knowledge, understanding of the financial environment, and integration with practice. Evaluation method: 1. Complete the internship stipulated by the internship implementation regulations of the department before graduation, or complete a graduation thesis research report that meets the department's evaluation criteria. 2. Complete at least one credit program, minor, or double major offered by the university.
These regulations apply to students admitted from the 2014-15 academic year.
【Master's degree program】
Financial and Legal Issue Analysis Ability / The ability to explore financial and legal issues and conduct research and discussion Evaluation method: Write three semester reports that meet the criteria for review by the department.
Legal Paper Writing Ability / The ability to independently conduct literature analysis and discussion on professional issues and provide insights with academic value. Evaluation method: Publish one paper in a peer-reviewed conference or academic journal with a review system.
Professional Foreign Language Application Ability / The ability to write professional papers and effectively cite foreign references. Evaluation method: The number of foreign references in the graduation thesis should be over 20, and the five primary references should be cited at least three times each in the paper with sufficient content to demonstrate the degree of reference. If the paper topic has no relevant foreign literature, it may be approved by the supervising professor with a written explanation and submitted to the department head for approval.